Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back to Life

Ahh.  I feel healthier.  I feel whole.  For the most part, I feel better.
The main change?  I'm DONE with trauma surgery.

While I enjoyed the rotation I did not enjoy the person I became whilst on said rotation.  I'm sure Bry would agree.  As of yesterday I have been BACK to the gym, BACK on a diet, BACK to knitting and BACK to shopping.

First off, knitting:
Tea Pot - or the beginnings of a tea pot.  From Itty Bitty Nursery
I don't know how to crochet so I'm a bit stuck right now.  Hoping that my mom can help me get the top finished so I can complete the project.  Then to figure out which other accessories are going to go with the tea pot.....
Flower Cardigan also from Itty Bitty Nursery.
Yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash
I already made one of these sweaters and I really liked it.  Sweater backs are easy to take along with me since they require a lot of just plain stockinette stitch that I don't have to think about or measure during a lecture.  Today I worked on Lucas' sweater vest but I left it in the car so no photo.

I'm getting an itch to work on mittens in advance of cooler weather.  I've got to work on a pair for Lindsey and I'm also hoping to make another set for myself.  This may require a trip to the Library to borrow another mitten book.

I also went shopping at the JC Penney outlet store.  I got a new set of curtains for our bedroom and also a new couch cover.  Bry is currently working on a kitchen island that I've been wanting for a while and I finally bought.  He's already started over on it once so I'm just leaving him alone to put it together.  It might be done before Christmas.......

I will update photos later on the bedroom.  I may have to spray paint my $7 curtain rods from Walmart so they are silver instead of black before it's all said and done.

My parents should be here any time now.  I guess I could clean up my house a bit.  I've got a ton of laundry to fold before I can get into my bed to sleep and after 2 Spotted Cows I'm feeling ready for bed right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment