Monday, September 27, 2010

Day Off

Here's my Vikings Baby Hat Creation on it's first owner!

Today is a long awaited day off.  I was in the ED for the past week and while I enjoyed it not much got done around here while I was gone.  I also didn't really get to see Bry very much.  So today I slept in until 5 minutes ago and am going to clean up, do laundry and get things in order.  Friday marks my first day on the Neuro ICU and I am NOT ready for that at all!  September went by way too fast and now October is just ahead. 

The time in the ED has gone really well.  I have had some pretty sick patients this week.  I had to intubate my first patient (in residency) and it went well and the pt is doing well too.  I had a lot of serious diagnoses such as DVT, hyperkalemia, strokes, pneumonias, broken bones, it goes on and on.  I also got to do an ultrasound and show a lady her baby -moving and kicking and a beating heart.  That was pretty neat.  Of course there were some frustrating patients too and with them I practiced my "nice voice" and my "poker face".  

Hopefully I get a lot accomplished today.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment