Sunday, September 19, 2010

Photos, Knitting, Visitors

Emily came to visit from Texas.  She is in Law School at Texas Wesleyan Law School in Fort Worth, TX.  She came up to meet Lucas on Thursday and stayed with us until Sunday.  We had a fun day shopping on Saturday.  Mom and Dad decided to come over to see Emily too so we had a party on Sunday afternoon.

We were joined by my friend, Alecia, and her daughter, Meredith.  Happy First Birthday, Meredith!  We took a ton of photos and got some super cute shots of this beauty.  Alecia is a ballerina and had an awesome tutu made for Meredith.  (Alecia's mom is a terrific sewer and did an awesome job on this pink amazingness!)
Here are a few favorites:
She is such a cutie and had a great time playing with my flower props.  I realized I needed to get some more props though.  Today I borrowed the backdrops from a friend - complete with this amazing set-up of poles that provided a great photo studio right in my loft.  They are called "Autopole"s and they worked really well, even with our cathedral ceilings.

Finally I got some knitting done this week.  I was able to complete a number of items:
  Vikings Baby Hat
The long-awaited Vikings hat - my own creation.
This was fun to design and I'm currently working on a duplicate for Lucas.
Teal/Brown Sweater
This is a gift for Riley Danger.  I FINALLY finished it and it will be in the mail this week.  It turned out super cute - I finished it with some handmade cloth-covered buttons.  Hope you like it, Alex!  Alecia was gracious enough to provide a model for me - and she requested one just like it too!

Pink Cotton Baby Hat
This is a pattern out of Last-Minute Knitted Gifts - I made it in just a few hours and LOVE how it turned out.  It will be a gift for a friend who is expecting a baby anytime now - he's 60% sure it's a girl so I'm also working on a boy hat.  

My Cabobble mittens are are bout 40% done.  These will be a gift for a friend for her birthday so I'm going to avoid photos until she's received them.

Tomorrow I babysit for Lucas and then head back to work for nights.  I need to get out of vacation mode and get into work/learning mode.  This will be a bit of a challenge.  I'm really enjoying all of my projects right now and having a good time being creative.  

Bry and my dad are in football mode.  They have subjected me to countless hours of football today and it doesn't look like I'll get the remote any time soon.  Oh yeah, if you want to see some more pics of my niece you should check out my Sister-in-Law's blog over at The Filzens.

Have a terrific Sunday night and a not-as-bad-as-it-could-be Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment