Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tie Dye Madness

Tie Dying went pretty well tonight - and we've got the purple hands to prove it!  We had 4 color choices of boiling hot dye in ice cream pails, garbage bag smocks and 6 eager dyers.  P remarked "I'm being a garbage can!" and didn't really get the whole thing.  M made a solid blue hat and then left the fun.  The middle girls stuck it out.  Of course, L was in the thick of it and has dye up to her elbows which I'll have to explain to the Pre-K teacher tomorrow morning.  What am I going to do on Thursday when I don't have to worry about homework and getting ready for school and changing diapers and potty training?
The rest of the day was pretty fun.  We went to the Library for Story Time in the morning.  I, of course, perused the knitting section and walked away with a lovely book, Last Minute Knitted Gifts.  I was able to knit one of the 2 hour hats already today and can't wait to take pictures of it in the morning and post them.  It turned out super cute.  The whole book looks like lots of fun and I honestly want to make everything in it.
I've been thinking about how many projects I'm dedicated to right now.  I will definately need a trip to a yarn store but first I'm going to organize my thoughts/plans.  What if I could stay home all the time and just knit?  Lovely thought.
Have a good night.  Let me know if you need some tie-dyed socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment