Monday, February 20, 2012

Setting a Record

Well folks - I'm trying to post more this month since I've got some time.  I just had an AMAZING weekend in Michigan - visiting family and friends.  On Friday night I had a Girl's Night with some high school friends - it was so much fun catching up and seeing everyone.  My high school had it's Winterfest going on and I bought some things at the silent auction and got to catch up with lots of people at once.  Wedding dress shopping with friend Abby and seeing friend Kelly and her daughter (who is in love with Rapunzel) were some other highlights. (Plus Mom took me shopping for some much needed maternity clothes!)

I haven't done a restaurant review in a while - and we visited an awesome restaurant this trip.  My parents have lived in the area for over 15 years and haven't ever been to this place.  It's called Wheatberry Tavern and is located in Buchanan, Michigan.


This place specialized in barbecue and had it's own smoke house outback.  I imagine in summer the porch would be an awesome place for a beer with multiple brews on tap and a view of the river.  I had the ribs and they were exceptional - as well as the mashed potatoes and spinach (just try it!)  Bry and my dad both got pulled pork and my mom tried the beef (not as good as the pork.)  The house BBQ sauces were awesome.  Molly had some chicken tacos which were very good - but the favorite part had to be the garlic fries.  Overall it was a really really good meal and my parents will be sure to go back again. ('Twould be a very nice end to a day of wine tasting as well!)

I also got some good knitting time in with two 3 hour car rides.  We rode with friend Amy and her 2 boys - Bry was the chauffeur!  We had fun stopping at the overhead oasis in Chicago and watching the trucks go past with the boys.

The best part of the weekend, however, happened when we got home.  Penny was being  especially active and Bry got to feel one of her kicks for the first time.  It was pretty special.

As far as knitting goes - I once again stopped at Ivelise's yarn shop in Benton Harbor, MI.  I picked up some yarn for some baby girl projects but showed AMAZING RESTRAINT and did not start any.  I finished the front and backs for both of the sweater's I'm working on and started on the sleeves for Lucas' sweater.  I also made good progress on Alex's scarf and got about 8 more inches done on it.  Still not where I want it to be but it's at least moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment