Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Crafty Update

It has been a while since I did a crafty post.  I have a few days off now to catch up.  I have finished a few projects and then I have a few more that I need to "get off the needles".  We'll start with the finished ones first.

 Pattern: At First Site by Laura Linneman
Yarn: Spud and Chloe Sweater in Teal
I have made 2 of these already - they knit up very quickly and are quite cute when on a little noggin.  Penny can expect a few of these come winter time.

 Pattern: Bonnet by Susan B. Anderson in Itty Bitty Hats
Yarn:Bamboo Ewe by Debbie Stoller Stitch Nation
This hat was knit for a friend's little girl.  I hear that she loves it - and the button is a big hit.  I DID actually crochet the pink pom-poms, thought about knitting them but the crocheting was pretty easy.

 Pattern: My own "Garter Edge Hat" - I basically knit alternating knit/purl rows in the round to create the garter edging.  From there I used a normal stockinette pattern (I usually steal sizing ideas from Itty Bitty Hats.) and added the teal pom at the top.
Yarn:Bamboo Ewe by Stitch Nation


 Quilt
Pattern: Simple 4.5 x 4.5 sqares
Fabric: Moda - selected purple patterns
This is the finished quilt top.  It is currently in a "Quilt Sandwich" (top, batting, minky backing) which I will be quilting this afternoon or tomorrow.  I have it all laid out with pins in it ready to go.  I am liking the simplicity of the all purple theme.  My mom is going to help me do the binding when I go to Michigan in a few weeks.
 My sister bought me a yarn ball winder for my birthday.  I have a plan to wind all of the yarn in my stash so it will all stack nicely and be knot free when I'm using it.  It takes a lot less time than hand winding and makes nice yarn "cakes".  She bought it off of Amazon.com.
 Booties
Pattern: Saartje's Booties by Saartje de Bruijn
Yarn: Leftover sock yarn Shibui Knits Sock
These match a sweater that I previously made - I had thought the colors were "gender neutral" but I'm happy I have a girl coming so I don't have to feel bad if the light purple was too feminine.  I have a little bit left - maybe some more booties coming?

1 comment: