Sunday, June 27, 2010

Knitting Updates

Since I'll be officially starting work here my knitting may be slowing down.  Luckily I've been making up for it while Bry and I continue our 24 marathon.

I've so far completed 9 sweaters, 6 hats, one pair of Swedish mittens, a couple of scarves and am working on another one.  Plus I've made a few booties too....although no two are the same size!  One of these days I'll just go ahead and complete some of the outfits I've been meaning to.

The newest scarf is a lovely light teal one for my Great-Aunt's 80th birthday (I don't think she checks the blog so it's ok to divulge).  I tried my first lace pattern and it turned out pretty cool.  Then I chatted with a girl at the yarn store who gave me the idea to add some sparkly yarn to the regular yarn for some bling - it's subtle but really pretty.  It's fun to do some mindless knitting after finishing the Swedish mittens - they were pretty intense.

I have been looking at some sweaters to make for myself - we'll see if that happens.  I'm hoping to be able to take some projects along to the next 3 days of orientation that will probably be pretty boring.

I begin my second job as Bry's personal driver tomorrow.  His work was able to find some work for him so at least he won't be sitting at home all day.

That's it for today.  I'm still going to work on taking pictures of the new place - we'll see......

No comments:

Post a Comment