Friday, May 14, 2010

Onw Week....

 A photo from a Bachelorette Party last week.  Carolyn, Beth, Caroline, Goossen, Me

As of today the one week countdown to graduation begins.  Actually, it is a good time to look back too.  I can't believe it's been 4 years already.  Even harder to believe that I'm going to now have an income, a career and a life without school!  However, in my chosen profession, it doesn't get any easier from here.  This next year is going to be a doozie - and it starts June 21.

As my many roommates can attest (Jesse, Emily, Beth, Blake, Beth, Bry, Beth and Kiah, Jesse) I've spent a lot of blood, sweat and tears on my education.  It wasn't easy, but looking back I am surprised how easy it seems now.  And it all paid off since I will be starting my dream job in just a few weeks.  Of course, paycheck #1 doesn't come until August.  And there's a little thing called student loans that could run us up to $3000 per month!  Yikes. 

Tonight we're going to the Brewers game with the rest of my classmates.  We're excited to tailgate with everyone.  At the same time we're sad because it's the last time we're going to be able to hang out with a lot of our friends because they're leaving Milwaukee.  Tomorrow we're going to the zoo for another class event. 

Next week will go as follows:
Monday: 1/2 day of classes.  Not sure what else.
Tuesday: class test, CPR training in the PM, SUSHI with the regular sushi gang for one last Fujiyama fling!
Wednesday: NOTHING!  I think my parents come this day or Thursday, can't remember.  Maybe hanging out with some friends. Grandpa Schneider comes today too.
Thursday: Senior Awards Dinner - more family arrives including Emily and Aunt Judy.
Friday: Graduation!  Ceremony at 3 pm.  Dinner at The Schwabenhof for a fish fry with the fam.
Saturday: Graduation party at Greenfield Park from 12-3.  Going to get to see lots of friends and family.
Sunday: Baby Shower for my sister-in-law-to-be and then the packing begins!  I've hired Emily for a week to help me pack up the entire apartment - oh yeah, there may be some cleaning involved too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment