Sunday, April 3, 2011

Knitting And Crochet Blog Week 2011 Day 7

Day seven: 3rd April. Your knitting and crochet time.
Write about your typical crafting time. When it is that you are likely to craft – alone or in more social environments, when watching TV or whilst taking bus journeys. What items do you like to surround yourself with whilst you twirl your hook like a majorette’s baton or work those needles like a skilled set of samurai swords. Do you always have snacks to hand, or are you a strictly ‘no crumbs near my yarn!’ kind of knitter.

My knitting time is pretty fluid - my favorite knitting is sitting on the L shaped chaise lounge on our new couch with a good movie/TV show on and a few snacks/Diet Coke nearby.
However, one of my favorite aspects of knitting is the ability to DO IT ANYWHERE.

I knit during long lectures - and I pay attention better.

    I knit on long car trips - and time goes faster.

      I knit while waiting for things to happen - Bry to get ready for instance.

         I knit in public - at the coffee shop, in line waiting for Bry's iPad 2, etc.

           I knit at work when I'm not having any clinical responsibilities.

These are the times that I truly appreciate the nature of knitting.  I save up "portable" projects for taking in my purse.  I always have some knitting in it in case I luck out and get to knit at work.  Small projects like hats, scarves, mittens and socks are easy to take along - although I've been known to stuff a baby sweater into my purse as well.

Have a Happy Sunday.  Good work on the blogs this week, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment