Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Three Days Off

Well I just finished 3 days off - in a row!  I had a lot of projects and am sad to see this streak end.  However, I still have most of the day tomorrow since I don't start work until 9pm.  Then I have a three night streak - but we're going to fit in some visits with friends/family and a birthday party for Bry too.

So what was I up to?  Here's a few photos:
This is my thrift store shopping spree haul.  Here's what I did with it:



Found this sweater.  Really liked the yarn and the button.  So I "frogged" it - ripped it apart and saved the yarn and the button.  My hands were a little sore after all of this - it was cotton, and I'm not sure how many more times I'll be doing this.  I tried again with another sweater but the yarn wasn't worth all the work so I just trashed it.



I made this purse from a free pattern at Artsy Crafty Babe's blog.  My stitching is not the best, but I think it's cute and functional.  The fabric was a vintage pillow case (50 cents) and a vintage sheet ($2.08).  The magnetic button cost the most at $5 with a 40% off coupon so about $2.75.  I was IN LOVE with it - until I realized I put the strap on backwards on one side.  Oh well, I still will use it.  It's not quite big enough to be my everyday purse but it will work nicely for side trips.

Burp Cloth Tutorial
I thought these vintage sheets would make really cute burp cloths. I cut them into 7"x18" strips.  Random numbers that I came up with.

 I bought flannel (above) and terry cloth (below) at Joann's to use for the opposite side.  I used the terry cloth first. It wasn't as soft as I wanted - might have to look into buying some more expensive stuff for next time.

 Pin the WRONG sides of the fabric and terry cloth together.  Stitch around the edges with a 1/4" seam allowance.  Leave an opening to turn the piece inside out.

 Turn inside out and press.  Now right sides are facing.


 Top stitch around the edges - this will close the gap you left to turn it inside out.
Cute and finished!

Here's the other project I've been working on....... I'll tell you the story later - after Bry gets home.....

No comments:

Post a Comment