Monday, January 11, 2010

Turning 26

Today is my 26th birthday. Not sure why, but this one is bugging me a whole lot more than 25 did. I just feel..... OLD. Now that I've been on vacation for 3 weeks I am feeling useless, flabby and like I've "wasted a quarter of my life", as Callen would tell me. Ah, the wisdom of nine year-olds!

We've been watching "Hoarders" on TLC which has made me go on a cleaning mission. This morning I cleaned my living room, did the dishes, vacuumed and cleaned out our "catch-all" closet. I threw away boxes I'd been "saving' for when we move - I think our cell phones will be able to make it just fine without the original plastic cases. Next up, Jesse and I are using Amy's minivan to pick up my newest present - a piece of furniture to give us some more storage in the living room. I've been HATING the way our desk area looks - so cluttered and no place to hide anything. We found a terrific deal at JC Penney Furniture outlet and got a $1000 TV stand with side cabinets for just $200 thanks to some bargaining. Plus, built in workout getting it into my apartment!

Now I've got to get back to cleaning - not sure that I can "baby proof" my house in 2 hours, but at least I can move the electrical cords that we keep out willy-nilly!

No comments:

Post a Comment