Monday, July 4, 2011

Catch Up

Well there has definitely been a lot going on lately. Bry just returned from a road trip to Missouri for a boy's weekend for his best friend's Bachelor Party.  Abi was left to fend for herself and headed to Michigan to visit the parentals for the weekend.  Got to see lots of great friends, family (Hi! Morgan!) and visit the beach and a winery.  I have more photos and stories about that to come.  I will be writing up a bunch of blog posts here and slowly releasing them to the Faithful Followers. (Tony - that's you!)  But first: KNITTING KNEWS
When I'm stressed at work knitting takes center stage to stave off suicidality.  I have been completing a number of items lately and have been trying them on any Little Person that will Hold Still. 


 Pattern: Cascade by Raya Budrevich
Yarn: Madelintosh Vintage in Cove
This sweater was an absolute joy.  The yarn.....I have seen the Madelintosh LIGHT and will have to restrain myself.  The ONLY reason I did not buy every available skein of it was the cost.  In this yarn you truly get what you pay for.  I will save it up for special projects.  It is the heroin of yarn.  Swear.

 Pattern: Springtime in Hollis by Teresa Cole
Yarn: Louisa Harding Kashmir Aran

 Pattern: Cabled Cocoon from Bergere de France No 156
Yarn: Rowan Cocoon

This is a lovely lovely pattern - really liking how the cables are coming along.  However, the whole seaming thing.....not liking it now that I've figured out how to knit whole sweaters in the round.  I have the entire bottom finished - going to sew it together and start on the top.

So that is the knitting update.  Coming up in future episodes will be: Twins Game, 4th of July, Brewers Game, Michigan Visit and probably some more.  Lots to catch up on before I start in the ICU in 2 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment