Thursday, March 4, 2010

Back in the USA

Well we're back in town.  Not going to lie, it's been a rough couple of weeks.  We finally uploaded photos to Bry's computer so there will be some additional Palawan photos coming up.

I started my new class: Art of Medicine through the Humanities.  I'm loving it!  We're discussing poetry, books, plays and all kinds of non-medical things.  Last night we went to the Milwaukee Repertory Theater and saw a play (free!) that was interesting.  Bry got to come along too.  We also met with Edo de Waart, the newest conductor of the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra who is world renowned, as well as with a wonderful basoonist from the Symphony.  It was an awesome day, and I can't wait to go to the Symphony on Friday (also free!).

In other news, Bry's mom broke her right arm (radius and ulna) on Monday.  She's going in for reduction today and isn't sure if they'll have to put metal in to hold it or not.  Bummer - she'll be out of commission for about 6 weeks.

I'm supposed to be keeping a journal for this class, so I might just give my teacher this blog link so she can follow along and I don't have to type things up twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment